Ask a Urologist   »  

Unclear urination, stomach pain after urination, STD negative. Any suggestions would help.

my pee is not clear and my stomach hurts after i pee
i have been tested for stds its not a std i have taken aintibiotics when i pee it doesnt look clear looks like a bacteia and i get a pain in my stomach after i pee and it last for about 3 minutes than goes away im not sure what is is but any suggestions would help as to what medication to take or what kind of doctor to see thank you - XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 17 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Change in appearance of urine - especially loss of clarity is mostly due to presence of pus cells and other debris. The most common and first exclusion in your age group, would be a UTI (stomach region could mean an inflammation of the organs involved due to the infection.

If sexually transmitted diseases are rule out - that is good news.

Lower UTI would be eliminated by short courses of good antibiotics, but it is the long standing upper UTI which needs targeted therapy with long courses and antibiotics proven to be effective after culture and sensitivity. As you have not mentioned the antibiotics taken and the course duration - I cannot comment for now if that was effective to control the infection that you might have.

I would suggest you to get in touch with a gynecologist/urologist. Even a surgeon will do if you do not have specialists nearby. Examination of urine, along with clinical review of the status of the reproductive organs, urinary system coupled with an ultrasound scan might be needed.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.