Ask a Urologist   »  

Uncircumcised male, tight and difficult to pull back foreskin. Cure?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I am a 75 year old male that was not circumsized. The fore skin is tight and dificult to pull back for cleaning. I have developed a large red spot on the XXXXXXX under the forskin. It does not hurt very much but is anoying. I have been washing it with a mild soap but does not seem to help. What should I do
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 30 minutes later

Even in uncircumcised males the foreskin should be able to retract freely so as to expose the whole glans and frenulum i.e. the attachment of foreskin to glans .If it cannot be done them it is called phimosis .
Due to phimosis the cleaning of glans might be difficult and predispose to infections bacterial or fungaland inflammation.Also age may be a risk factor in developing such lesion.Absence of pain does not correlate with the risk and even malignant lesions are sometimes painless.
You need to consult a surgeon or urologist who wil thoroughly examine you, if necessary conduct few tests like urine routine, blood sugar, blood counts, blood sugar , microscopy, etc. and come to the exact diagnosis .The treatment can then be started accordingly.Most infections wil subside by local and oral medications.So dont worry, but if you develop any other symptom like bleeding, or fever or increase in size of the spot then seek prompt medical consultation.
Till then continue good hygiene, drink plenty of water and avoid tight under garments.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.