Ask a Urologist   »  

Uncircumcised. Noticed split of skin on glans. Applying canestan cream. Any ideas?

I have a small split in the skin under the edge of my glans. I have not been circumcised Noticed it first some weeks ago and at that time it seemed to clear / heal using Canestan Cream. Thank you
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 4 hours later
Greetings XXXXXXX

I can assure you that your split it is very common, and not a sign of infection. Usually due to irritation or dryness or friction, and we'll resolve and heal with the cream.

Please be aware that any cut in the skin can be an area where infection can spread from another person during sexual intercourse to you. So if you have a new partner, it would be beneficial to wear protection.