Ask a Urologist   »  

Uncircumcised. Have long foreskin. Suggestions? Worried about sex life?

My questions are related to male circumcision. I am a 31 year old man and i am uncircumcised. I have quite long foreskin but I can pull it completely back to my penis head during flaccid as well as erect state.
As I am a virgin and uncircumcised and planning for marriage soon, so some questions related to circumcision and sex:
1) I came to know from different internet sites as: women takes much time for sexual satisfaction than men. So is circumcision helps to prolong the sex as it reduces the sensitivity of penis?
2) Is it true, women really like circumcised penis?
3) What is the normal duration required for women get sexual satisfied/ejaculate and what is the normal duration required for men to sexual satisfy/ejaculate?
4) Is circumcision creates any bad impacts on sex life related to premature ejaculation and painful sex for both partners etc.?
5) As I am an intact man, when I pull back my foreskin completely and touches the glans I fell quite sensitivity. So post to marriage, is this going to be a problem in my case related to premature ejaculation?
5) I notice sometime as: when masturbating with foreskin I cum quickly and if I pull back my foreskin and rub the glans only then I cum quite late. so by considering the above,is it necessary in my case to be circumcised before marriage?
6) As I am uncircumcised, so is it good enough to achieve a strong sex life with all potentials to satisfy woman with their sexual needs or do I need to circumcised as soon as possible to achieve the potentials to lead a strong sex life?

Thanks ,

Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

First of all, congratulations on the life-changing decision, best of luck and god bless. I shall try my best to provide you with all the information you are looking for.

1. It is true that women take more time to get sexually satisfied than men. But circumcision does not usually cause a delay in ejaculation or help in improved sexual performance.

2. Women only prefer circumcised men as a circumcised penis is better maintained as infections are easily prevented

3. The duration depends entirely on the specific individual, and usually sexual performance improves with time and experience. But it can range from around 30 seconds to 5 minutes in males, and around 3 minutes to 15 minutes in women (approximate figures)

4. No, circumcision does not cause any harm or worsen sexual intercourse in any possible way. In fact it improves penetration and reduces friction to quite an extent, making sexual intercourse a more comfortable procedure

5. As I have mentioned earlier XXXXXXX everyone goes through the same thing. All men are usually not very good at performance to begin with, but do not let this get to you. With experience and various techniques men can even delay ejaculation for almost 5-30 minutes

6. Circumcision is a personal choice made around the world for two main reasons: hygiene and better penetration. So, the choice is completely up to you my friend. But without the presence of any risk factors, circumcision is in no way mandatory in your case

7. There is no need to be circumcised to better satisfy a woman. Circumcision will help prevent infections and make vaginal penetration easier, but that does not necessarily make sexual intercourse more pleasurable.

Hope this information helped you XXXXXXX Please write back to me for any further clarifications.