Unable to walk since bad fall. Have pain and feel like falling while standing and walking. Suggest?

Dec 2012

Unable to walk since a bad fall. I am told by many different doctors that nothing is wrong or I AM A PUZZLE!! I have very little pain but feel like I will fall when standing or trying to walk. Cannot get up from a chair or hopper without help. Can sleep or sit without much pain - more of a dull ache. I am extremely nervous. I have had MRI- PAD- DVT- EMG - I NEED HELP!!
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to assist you.

Your situation seems a little embarrassing given that all tests came out normal and that your doctors actually think you are fine. Well the mere fact that the tests or scans show normal does not mean you do not have any problem. I feel you are having some sort of a nerve damage probably from your peripheral nerve system. You will need a neurologist to do a full examination. The nerve damage must not necessarily be related to the fall you had but rather degeneration of nerves due to your aging.
I hope you get to improve from your condition and feel less and less pain or weakness.

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask further questions.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Unable to walk since bad fall. Have pain and feel like falling while standing and walking. Suggest? 44 hours later
THREE Neurologists have all said "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG!!" Three Neurosurgeons say there is NOTHING to operate on. ALL OF THEM WANT TO GIVE ME AN EPIDURAL SHOT> WHY???
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 30 hours later

Thanks for updating,

If those doctors have examined you and they conclude that there is nothing wrong, then it means that the chances of you actually having a physical problem is null. Your problem might rather be psychologic, meaning you might instead have to see a psychiatrist. The epidural shot is likely made of steroid, which is believed to be able to alleviate you from your present symptom but the effectiveness is not permanent, so you might have to get more other shots. Just discuss with one of your doctors to find out the necessity of the shots as compared to the disadvantages.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah