Unable to walk, loss of memory and weakness after brain tumor removal. Cause and cure?

Hello Doctor,

My dad had surgery in 2002 its removal of brain tumor from rightside of the brain.He is fine since then with minor(loss of memory,weakness etc).Now he is unable to walk as his left leg is not supporting and even left hand is not working fine and he is very weak.Also he couldnt hold his urine passage not sure if its due to walking problem.He is under medication and also taking physotherpy.
Rightnow he is very weak that he couldnt even take physiotherpy.
Please suggest what could be the reason and cure for this will attach the scan report.We are expecting him to walk around.

Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 7 hours later

I have gone through history provided , MRI report and prescription. The reasons for fresh deterioration could be due to;

1 Increase in tumor size

2 Due to systemic factors like infection, sodium imbalance etc

3 Recurrence of seizures and drugs: Obviously no history is available. Your doctor may review for continuation of oxetol

In view of above, I siuggest for following investigations can be considered by your doctor e.g. complete blood count, blood sugar, renal and liver function tests, electrolytes (Na & K) etc. After this, it may be considered for a repeat MRI of Brain.

Hope I had been able to guide you. let me know if any further clarification is required.