Unable to sleep at night, only sleeping for few hours, same problem during weekends. Remedies?

Neurologist
Question
im working in forex company , so i unble to sleep in night. like i always have to time to sleep at 3.30 but i unble to sleep till 4-5 hrs i was wasting time in bed.im only sleeping 4-5 not more then that even in weekends also same problem so please help me .
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 7 hours later
Hello

Regarding the difficulty in initiating in sleep or maintaining sleep, I personally feel you to be suffering from Primary Insomnia. Primary insomnia is sleeplessness that is not attributable to a medical, psychiatric, or environmental cause. The focus of management is on symptoms to improve sleep quality and maintenance and limit daytime impairments.

You need a complete general and detailed neurologic examination to assess for comorbid conditions as well as mental disorders that may be contributing to insomnia. Laboratory studies essentially are not required for the diagnosis of primary insomnia. However, tests are required to exclude other causes of insomnia. You may also require ‘Sleep Polysomnography’ for confirming the diagnosis.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your sleep specialist.

I thank you again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. I you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist

Follow-up: Unable to sleep at night, only sleeping for few hours, same problem during weekends. Remedies? 6 hours later
YES DR. IM IN XXXXXXX I DONT KNOW WHERE TO CONSULT . SO IF U GUIDING ME WITH PROPER MEDICINE IT WILL BE MORE HELPFUL.IF WE START WITH BASIC TREATEMENT.

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 16 hours later
Hello and Thanks for the query

Regarding the treatment of insomnia, you can be benefited with drugs like either Zolpidem or Etizolam. However, as these are prescription medicines and are not available over the counter, you need to XXXXXXX your GP for prescription after physical examination.

I thank you again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Regards.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist

Follow-up: Unable to sleep at night, only sleeping for few hours, same problem during weekends. Remedies? 3 hours later
Dear doctor,

if it possible ,can u send me the prescription of the medicines details, via post it will be more helpful bcoz im very much satisfied with your service.my home town is little villege so i have to go to chennai which 400 kms from here. my address is
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX,XXXXXXX,XXXXXXX
PH.NO.0000

thanks for ur kindness

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 40 minutes later
Hello and thanks for reverting back to me.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / your doctor will know about these drugs.

Also, it would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. I am sorry on this.

Regards.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist