Unable to pass stool due to severe constipation and tight anus. Could I ask a doctor?

Jan 2013

I have sever constipation n tight anus unable to pass stools
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Are you feeling constipated after laparoscopic hysterectomy or symptoms were present previously?

My answer may be tweaked with required information, yet I will try to help you.

Constipation with tight anus could be due to spasm of anal sphincters. Tight anus may pose hindrance in complete evacuation of bowel with formation of fecolith in large intestine.

Although possibility of intestinal adhesion after laparoscopic hysterectomy is very less but still persist.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist / gastroenterologist and should go for thorough abdominal check up.

You should also go ultrasound imaging studies and x XXXXXXX abdomen for better clarification.

Need for CT/ MRI scan abdomen, exploratory laparotomy will be decided on the basis of relevant investigations.

If I am your treating doctor, I would like to advise you to take plenty of water, laxative (containing lactitol, isapgaul, and sodium picosulphate).

You should also apply diltiazem ointment at anal verge for relaxation.

Perform hot sitz bath (sitting in a tub which is filled with lukewarm water) 2-3 times in a day.

Maintain physical activity (at least 2-3 km in day) helps in gastrointestinal motility and prevention of constipation.

Take care,
Let me know your other query.
Wishing a speedy recovery,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Unable to pass stool due to severe constipation and tight anus. Could I ask a doctor? 6 hours later
Can I take dulcolax, pls advise
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi, You can

Detailed Answer:
Dulcolax helps in increasing gastrointestinal motility and helpful in old aged patients.
You can take dulcolax and dulcolax contains sodium picosulphate which I have already mentioned.

Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava