Unable to orgasm after my first pregnancy. Foreplay does cause wetness in vagina. Why ?

Question
Hello ,
I am 26 years old married since nov 2010 who gave birth to a baby boy on 18th april 2012 by c section operation after that i got my periods on 24thmay2012 to
28th may 2012 and had sex with condom on 4th XXXXXXX 2012 for the first time after
pregnancy but the problem is that i do not get orgasm in sex or i do not feel it i do not know my husband is 34 yearsold and suffered right sided paralysis 10 years ago but he has problem in is right hand and right leg does this affect our
sexual life during foreplay and sex he is very harsh and rude he forces me to
take his penis in my mouth which i does not like also he wants to do a lot of
kissing on my lips but i does not like this is it ok if i does not like this i get a lot of pain during foreplay from him is it right that foreplay and sex are painful to
women and enjoyment for men my husband says that i does not involve fully
with him in sex my vaginal and the area upper to it become very wet during
foreplay but i do not know why i do not get orgasm in sex
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

What you seem to be having is loss of libido which is losing interest in sex and anorgasmia. It could due to psychological causes related to the right sided paralysis and his harsh behavior during foreplay and sex.

Other cause is hormonal changes occurring in the body after child birth and fatigue because of rearing of the child. The monotonous routine & daily burdens of life tend to decrease one’s sexual desire. Changes in the hormone levels can also cause anorgasmia(lack of orgasm).

Talk to your husband and give him all the psychological support. If he is is having any stress, then your psychological support will help him. A healthy affectionate communication with the partner helps in decreasing anxiety and stress. A psychological session of the couple with a sex therapist also helps.

If the symptoms persist then get other causes ruled out. It can also be due to anemia, overacyive pituitary gland causing hyperprolactinaemia or abnormalities in the production of luteinising hormone (LH). My sincere advice is to consult a gynecologist and get these possibilities ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Follow-up: Unable to orgasm after my first pregnancy. Foreplay does cause wetness in vagina. Why ? 28 minutes later
i want to know that the problem is in him or me which doctor should i consult a psychatrist or gynacologist

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 11 hours later

First of all, you should consult a gynecologist and get any organic cause of loss of orgasm ruled out. If there is no medical cause of the reproductive system, then psychological counseling with a sexual expert or psychiatrist should help.