Unable to have bowel movements, feces stuck, painful. Colonoscopy normal. Any ideas?

I am 64 yrs. old. I recently had a colonoscopy and other than pre-cancerous polyps, all was good. For the past 4 days I am unable to have a bowel movement. I know it sounds gross but the feces is like a golf ball stuck there - almost out but too hard. I have tried to pull it out as the pain is intense. When I do manage just a wee bit, it is filled with tiny, tiny white looking seeds... I am mostly a vegetarian (some chicken) but have had nothing that even appears to look like that. Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 18 minutes later

From the symptoms, it looks like an episode of constipation.You can try simple enema,laxatives and stool softener for this. White seeds are likely to be hardened stool.

In case this continue for long, you get pain in abdomen or you see blood in stools, then you will have to see your doctor particularly in view of polyps.

If colonoscopy was not done recently, then it would be good idea to get it repeated.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.