Unable to have bowel movement without use of enema. Use miralax for bowel incontinence. Advise?

Jul 2016

I am unable to have a bowel movement without the use of enema's. This includes diarrhea. I treat my bowel incontinence with constant use of laxatives such as Miralax and Phillips Magnesia.

Although I have seen numerous GI doctors they fail to explain what prevents me from having a movement without enemas.

Thank You In Advance
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a problem of chronic constipation.I shall be highly obliged if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your query.
1) Do you have any Neurological Problem ?
2) What is the nature of your diet ? Do you take non vegetarian diet ?
3) Do you take enough green and leafy vegetables?
4) Do you take enough water.?

The most common cause of constipation at this age is hard stools which in its tern is secondary to less water intake,lack of roughage and fibres in diet

Please ensure to drink a glass of water every hour and modify your diet whci should include sufficient green leafy vegetables ,spouted cereals and fruits.

Practice some yoga that will help you improving the muscle tone,digestion and intestinal movements to facilitate bowel movements. .

Help of a qualified dietician will be be of much help in resolving your problem.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.