Unable to get erection and ejaculation after vaccination for pneumonia and whooping cough

Question
I had a vaccination shot for pneumonia and wooping cough two days ago. Since then, I've been unable to get an erection and ejaculate. I've never had that problem before. I did have one day of chills and a sore arm, but now feeling better.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 27 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Pneumonia vaccine and whooping cough vaccines have no relation with development of erectile dysfunction ( ED ).
most probably a general malaise,which occurs after the vaccination,may be responsible for your ED problem.Moreover erection depends upon mental state of the person and probably you may not be 100% mentally and physically fit after the bout of fever.
I don't attach any significance to it,as this shall be alright soon.

Please do write if you have any additional query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Unable to get erection and ejaculation after vaccination for pneumonia and whooping cough 19 minutes later
Thank you for the reply. But, the shots were Friday. The fever was Saturday. And today there is no fever and normal, yet still unable to even get fully erect, let alone ejaculate (despite a few tries of stimulation). Do you think this is normal for a person my age, and would it be odd for this to happen all of a sudden. Everything was properly functioning a week ago...Could it take a few days to fully recover?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
Hello
As I told you,this is temporary and you should be alright soon.
Put away this stress of partial erection,as unnecessary stress may prolong your erectile dysfunction.
Relax and forget about this issue for some time.
Don't try to force the things,unnecessarily.
Best of luck.
Thanks

Follow-up: Unable to get erection and ejaculation after vaccination for pneumonia and whooping cough 21 hours later
Thank you for the thoughtfulness. You were right in the sense that today I was able to get a full erection. But, it did not ejaculate. Will that take a few days also. I guess this is normal after feeling sick based on vaccines?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
You are absolutely correct.
Any general debility of body results in such type of temporary problems.
You shall be alright completely in all sense,in next few days.
Thanks