Unable to get an erection and glans are sensitive. Is this a common problem?

I have a strange problem because of which am unable to have sex. I am not sure if it is ED or something else. I do get an erection and many times it lasts for a long time (> 10 mins). However, as soon as anything touches the tip of my penis, the erection goes away in no time. I feel that my glans is over sensitive. Also, my foreskin is a little bit stiff and does not slide back easily over the glans when the penis is fully erect.
Is this a common problem? What can I do to overcome this?
I do not have any other medical problem (heart problem, BP, diabetes etc)
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tight foreskin cause erection problem.

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     29 year old male
•     Known case of allergy to dust and pollen
•     Complaints of: Erectile dysfunction and tight foreskin

Tight foreskin lead to sexual dysfunction in form of erectile dysfunction or pain during erection as it obstruct erection. It also lead to hypersensitivity of glans, as it is exposed due to the problem. Although most of the person able to perform masturbation comfortably even with this problem. It is not common problem, but one of the common cause of erectile dysfunction in medically normal persons.

Condition of having tight foreskin of penis called as phimosis. In most of the cases circumcision is required.

In mild cases conservative (Stretching exercise) is helpful.
Stretching method: You can either grab each side of the foreskin opening (with the foreskin forward) and gently pull on each side of the opening or, even better, insert the ends of two fingers, even the little fingers and pull them gently apart. Stretch the opening in this way until it feels uncomfortably stretched but not actually painful. Once again this is best done after soaking in a warm bath. You can use Vaseline for lubrication.

But Circumcision is best treatment option. Circumcision can be done at any age, even at your age too. It is very safe and easy procedure (take less then 5 Minute). You will have to wait only 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.