Unable to get an erection and ejaculate during sex. Causes and treatment?

I have a problem with being able to ejaculate. I'm usually fine if its been a few days between the times me and my girlfriend have sex. But when we do i can never the same night or the next morning and even sometimes the next night. If i help myself out i can usually do it a few times a day. I don't understand why that is. It's not causing any problems between us but i know she sometimes feels like it's her fault. Is there anything i can do or any medication for this? I've read also that it could be something mental but i really enjoy my sex life with my partner and there's a lot of times i feel like that i can finish, and i get that sensation but nothing happens.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 hours later

Not getting proper erection and ejaculation are quite common and can be due to various reasons as:
1) Raised blood sugar which is one of the important factor.

2) Stress and anxiety about the performance.

3) Hormonal imbalance due to thyroid disorder, Blood pressure issues.

4) Excessive sexual involvement as it gradually decreases the interest in the activity, delays the arousal and decreases the maximum stimulation that is achieved.

5) Inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum. This can be ruled out by a Physician.

I would advice you to first get a clinical examination done, Blood pressure evaluation and investigations as Blood Sugar so that all these possibilities are ruled out.

There are various drugs also available for erection as Viagra, Cialis and Levitra, but these are to be taken under Medical Supervision as they can interact with various drugs and appropriate use is determined on the basis of individual case with prescription. You can discuss with your Healthcare provider regarding their use.

Some suggestions for you:

1) Exercise regularly as it increases blood flow.

2) Reduce stress levels as they can affect erection.

3) Mix pinch of turmeric with Gooseberry juice and have early morning. It helps in overcomiing erection.

4) Practice Yoga and meditation techniques for stress management if any.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.