Unable to feel uterus during pregnancy. Is this normal?

Mar 2013
Hey I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant! I can't seem to able to feel my uterus above my pubic bone. I thought it started to move around 12 weeks. Should I be able to feel it soon and should I show soon? (I'm a lil overweight)
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: WOULD BE FELT IN ANOTHER COUPLE OF WEEKS. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After 12 weeks of pregnancy, the uterus grows outside the pelvis and becomes an abdominal organ. Normally by 12 - 14 weeks of pregnancy, a very slight hardness can be felt just above your pubic bone. As you are 15 weeks pregnant , and slightly overweight, you should not worry. YOu should be able to feel your uterus above the pubic bone in another couple of weeks. For the pregnancy to properly SHOW as such, you have to be 5 - 6 months pregnant. If you are having regular ultrasound scans, and the growth of the baby is correspondingly normal, then there is no further cause for worry. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.