Ask a Urologist   »  

Unable to empty the bladder completely. What to do?

What can you do for not being able to empty your bladder completely.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Investigations required to find the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Good day to you.

Thanks for your query and I appreciate your concerns.

* The possibilities can be bladder infection; stricture (narrowing) of the ring at the junction of bladder and urethra (the urine tube); a clot in the bladder (since you are on warfarin) obstructing urinary flow, or; or a stone/growth in the bladder.

* An ultrasound of the bladder, along with cystoscopy will reveal the real cause.

* You may discuss the case in detail with a Urologist who knows what course of action needs to be taken.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal