Unable to conceive, taken HCG injections. Apprehensive about laparoscopy. Suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
I was undergoing a follicle study for conceiving.
and during these studies i was given HCG injections.also during one of the studies on the 2nd day of my periods the doctor found a cyst which vanished on my 10th day as confirmed by XXXXXXX sonography.
Also some progesterone and folate tablets were prescribed.
inspite of all this, i am unable to the doctor has suggested a laproscopy to determine the cause.however, i am a bit apprehensive about getting this done.
Can we do an IUI before doing a laproscopy or vice versa.kindly suggest.
My cycle is of 24 days.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 35 minutes later
Thank you for writing in .

If you have been trying for over 3 months and have not got pregnant then you should go for a laparoscopy as suggested.

An IUI can be done only if we definitely know that the Fallopian tubes are open.

Folic acid is given as a pre - natal vitamin. Progesterone - for support if you get pregnant
Both are good and safe medications when you are trying for pregnancy.

Hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar