Unable to conceive. Blood test shows low progesterone. Visiting a gynecologist. Tests and treatment for infertility ?

i am 33 years old. have been trying to have a baby for 5 months, but not successful. I had blood test last week (day 21 after period), showing progesterone level 1.5. My GP says it is very low. I am going to see a gynaecologist. I just what tests/treatments i am going to have. I have no medical history.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 57 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your health concern.

Low progesterone levels denote that your ovary is not producing eggs adequately ( in medical terms it is called Anovulation). It is one of the commonest cause of infertility. Depending on the cause, it is treatable and results are good after treatment. The various treatment options your Gynecologist will discuss with you, which varies from some oral medicines like Clomiphene to injectables like Gonadotrophins. If you are overweight, weight reduction also helps.

Hope my suggestions will help you. I will be available for your follow up queries, if any.