Ultrasound shows small uterus, ovary not seen. Can complications improve by medicine? May I conceive a baby?

sir my uterus is so small in my ultrasound its only 6.3cc and my ovary is also not shown by confidentially in my ultrasound those complications are may improve or rectified by medicine and my periods also not stats yet i am 30 year old now and my test lh,estradiol,tsh(ultraswnsetive)fsh,ft4,prolactine are normal may i conceive a baby in future thnks
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

Since the hormone tests are normal , the fertility in you depends mainly on the structural health of the reproductive tract (Uterus, fallopian tubes,cervix and ovaries).

If the structural well being of the above structures is confirmed then there is no problem in conceiving.

The normal uterine size is usually more than 7 cm.Ultrasound is not a reliable test for ascertaining the exact measurements of the reproductive structures.

Do get a CT (Computed Tomography)scan and a HSG (Hysterosalphingography) done.

The CT scan will provide accurate measurements and locate the deeply situated ovaries.The HSG scan will ascertain the fallopian tube patency which is very much essential for normal fertility.

The above two tests will provide detailed insights into your problem.If any correctable abnormality noted it could be managed.

Wish you good health.