Ultrasound shows prominence in renal pelvis. What should I do? Can it cause scarring in kidneys?

i had urine problem..i went for ultrasound 1 year ago and report came as ,left kidney-is normal in size 10.1cm and outline.cortical thickness and echogenicity are normal.cmd is maintained.mild pelvicalyceal system prominence is calculus is seen..same for right kidney only size differs i.e is 10.5cm.

now i had ultrasound yesterday and it says everything is normal execpt,,there is mild prominence in renal pelvis..ap dimensions of renal pelvis is 25mm.i am worried about the dimensions of renal pelvis.what should i do.i had this problem from 1 year can it cause scarring in kidneys.i had no protein or wbc in doctor did't say anything.plzz reply i'm very much worried..what is my future
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
If you don't have any sign of obstruction or stone or hydronephrosis then this mild prominence is normal .
This prominence is present in both reports but you got worried by seeing the size mentioned which is normal.
If you repeat your ultrasound after 6 months or a year,you will find the same size of renal pelvis if there is no obstruction or stone.
Relax and forget it.
It doesn't cause any damage or scarring of kidneys.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Ultrasound shows prominence in renal pelvis. What should I do? Can it cause scarring in kidneys? 20 hours later i noticed a new problem,from few days my index finger and middle finger of both hands are white at the bottom and pink at the top and fingers of my legs were today i see that my legs fingers also become half white and half pink except thumb finger.i searched on net and it says i could be renal disease. i can clearly see that they are half white and half pink.what's your opinion?what it could be?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 26 minutes later
In the absence of any pain or altered sensations,this comparative difference of color has no meaning.
Renal diseases have different signs and symptoms.
You are not a kidney patient.
Relax and enjoy.