Ultrasound shows gravid uterus, irregular gestational sac, poor trophoblastic reaction, no fetal pole. Should I abort?

my ultrasoung study
- uterus is gravid and shows a singular irregular gestational sac in it corresponding to sonographic age of 7 weeks 2 days
-gestational age is smaller than the period of amenorrhea and shows irregular margins
-trophoblastic reaction is poor
-no fetal pole is seen
-both ovaries and adnexa are normal
-there is hyphoechoic nodule measuring 12*8 mm in the anterior myometrium, suggestive of small myoma(subserosal)
so plz tell me that in these conditions i should abort my child or continue my pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
By the gestation of 7 weeks,the sac should be well defined, there should be a fetal pole seen and fetal cardiac motion should be present.From the report you have sent,none of these factors are present. Its possible that you have a missed abortion in which case,you will need a suction evacuation. If you wish,you can repeat the ultrasound after a week but if the findings are same as before,then you need to abort the fetus.Dont wait more than a week or if you start bleeding,in which case, you need to undergo an abortion as soon as possible.
Follow-up: Ultrasound shows gravid uterus, irregular gestational sac, poor trophoblastic reaction, no fetal pole. Should I abort? 25 hours later
ok thanku and i will wait for a week and repeat my ultrasound but i want to know that how all these problems ocuur in my pregnancy? what are the reasons of occuring of these problems? actually this is my second pregnancy and also i want to inform that there were not any these types of problems occur during my first pregnancy as i have a healthy baby girl of 5 years.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
Its not possible to say definitely how these things happen.Its not your fault at all.Missed abortion happens often and to a lot of people. If you have had a term pregnancy before,there is no reason that you can have another pregnancy.Dont worry yourself about this. Wait another 6 mths and try again.