Ultrasound showing mild increase in parenchymal echotexture. Should I be worried about the findings?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
My Husband recently had all these tests and we found these results.. Ultrasound reports contain Parenchymal Echotexture is mildly increased & Fatty Infiltration of liver... Liver function show SGPT as 78 U/L & SGOT as 48 U/L.. Video endoscopy report contains Linear erosions at lower end of Oesophagus.. He doesnt take alochol & even doesnt take fat content food.. he always have healthy diet.. Can u suggest us what are the reasons of this problem.. Can it be curable.. he is now 31 yrs and we are from INDIA
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: The condition is fully reversible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Altered liver echo texture along with fatty liver needs attention. In your husband's case it is most probably due to inadequate protein intake. If untreated the condition can progress to cirrhosis. Medications can fully reverse the current changes.The esophagitis can be treated by a course of antacids. I hope this answers your question. Regards

Follow-up: Ultrasound showing mild increase in parenchymal echotexture. Should I be worried about the findings? 1 hour later
Can u suggest us what kind of diet is needed to be taken in breakfast, lunch & Dinner...

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: HIGH PROTEIN,LOW FAT, LOW CARBOHYDRATE DIET. Detailed Answer: Hi, You will have to consult a medical dietician for details pertaining to each food product to set up a proper diet plan. The most suited diet is high protein,low carbohydrate, low fat diet. i hope this answers your doubt. Regards

Follow-up: Ultrasound showing mild increase in parenchymal echotexture. Should I be worried about the findings? 2 days later
Yesterday again we gave blood for LFT now SGPT-40, SGOT-39 He did not use any medicines.. will it fluctutate..

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Response to treatment will be better and faster Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the feedback. The values which you have stated are absolutely normal. The levels do fluctuate intermittently. Normal values suggest that liver function is normal. However the treatment for fatty liver is a must. But as the enzymes are normal the response to treatment will be better. I hope this answers your question. Regards