Ultrasound showing black spots inside testicle. Should I be worried about the findings?

Feb 2013

my son's ultrasound showed second time growing black spots inside his one testicle. What could be?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Brief Answer: kindly upload the ultrasound report if possible. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. What is your son's age? What are you son's complaints which warranted the investigation with ultrasound of testicles? This above details will help to look for the probable causes for abnormality in ultrasound report. And if possible kindly upload the ultrasound report result along with your follow up query. Black spots in your son testicle on ultrasound are due to some cystic swellings, infections, tissue growth, and accumulation of fluid around testis such as hydrocele. Congenital cysts usually present with painless swellings which usually detected incidentally on ultrasound. Infections of scrotal structures such as orchitis or epididymitis will present with pain in the scrotum and there may be history of fever. Some tissue growths such as tumours also present like black spots on ultrasound. Other possibilities are remnants of testicular structures, hydrocele, and lesions of spermatic cord. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.