Ultrasound showed varicocele and scrotal pearl. Taking doxycycline. Proper treatment?

Hi Dr XXXXXXX good day. I just had my ultrasound with result of varicocele and 3mm scrotal pearl in my left testecle. I have some discomfort in my left testes. I was given Doxycycline and I am a bit releived but somehow I can still a bit of discomfort. What is your advise for this type of condition I am with now?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Varicocele is abnormal enlargement of veins around spermatic cord.It generally develops very slowly and is usually found in the age group between 15 to 30 years. Appearance of these varicocele at your age gives a doubt of kidney cancer and must be promptly investigated.

Normally scrotal  varicocele doesn't cause any problem, except that it gives a slight dull ache in your testis or some sense of dragging sensation. Varicocele is generally harmless and doesn't need any treatment except in people who have infertility. Surgical treatment generally improves the sperm count and is advocated for young infertile men.

Similarly scrotal pearl is a benign non neoplastic mass and doesn't require any treatment. In rare cases it may enlarge and can become cancerous. Scrotal pearl may cause pain in some individuals.
Treatment is generally surgical removal only.

Consult your doctor and get a CT abdomen to rule out any kidney cancer. Otherwise, every thing seems to be normal and nothing is to be done.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck