Ultrasound showed small area of chorisdecidual separation with collection measuring 0.98 mm. Is there a risk of abortion?

Hi, I am 8 wks pregnant. My LMP was 31.Aug.12. My ultrasound done on 23.Oct.12 shows small area of chorisdecidual separation with collection measuring 0.98 mm. Is there a risk of abortion?
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
A small choriodecidual bleeding in early pregnancy is usually not associated with abortion if the fetal size corresponds with the period of gestation and fetal heart rate is regular.
Taking natural micronised progesterone will help in better placental attachment and will prevent any further subchorionic bleed. Please do not worry and take adequate rest. A follow up scan after 2 weeks will help in detecting if there is any improvement.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.