Ultrasound showed mild hepatosplenomegaly and no cholecystitis. Any advice?

Alt is 66 is high
Alkaline Phos 54
Ast 24
Bili 0.9
Testosterone is 200 which is low
platletes are 129 Low
tested neg for hep b and c
wbc 5
All of my Diff was perfectly in the middle.
Ultrasound summary said mild hepatosplenomegaly
and a 3mm sludge ball in gall bladder, NO cholecystitis

Ab CAT scan was the same as my Ultra sound.. No swollen nodes, No tumor, no lesions,.
I physically feel great, lots of energy.. have gained Ab fat and no sex drive. No jaundice.

If u could copy and paste the link i have below, its very interesting about low Test level and high liver enzymes and give me ur opinion..

any ideas?? I am 5'10 195 white male . I dont drink and never smoked and no drug use.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rudramani Swami 18 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

The parameters given by you suggest increased (mildly) ALT, decreased platelet count.

Ultrasonography (USG) shows evidence of mild hepatosplenomegaly.

The reference you have given clearly indicates testosterone helped improvement in liver enzymes in case of steatosis in metabolic syndrome with low testosterone.

Though there is no direct relation to sex drive in a case of decreased platelets, I would like you to repeat platelet count. If still it remains on lower side then we have to find cause for it.

We may get low testosterone level in case of cirrhosis of lower, here CT and USG both don't suggests any evidence of fatty liver, cirrhosis (like changed echo-texture), though Liver Biopsy is the investigation of choice.

I would also like to suggest you to do serum ceruloplasmin, serum iron profile, serum lipid profile but after consulting endocrinologist.

At this stage I would like to suggest you to see an endocrinologist or sexologist who will definitely help you more.

I hope this helps. Please do write back for further discussion on this.