Ultrasound showed mass inside wrist. What should I do?

Hi there I found a small 2 cm lump on the inside of my wrist approximately 1 month ago by accident. I went to my doctors and she sent me for an ultrasound. The ultra sound showed a mass. Which the radiologist said maybe a nerve sheath tumour. I am completely freaked out . I have an appointment at a specialist next week. What are the chances of it being benign % wise
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Nerve sheath tumors cannot be diagnosed just by ultrasound. It has to be confirmed by biopsy. Even if it turns out to be nerve sheath tumor, you dont need to worry much. Hardly 1 percent of tumors are malignant. So just relax and meet specialist to get a confirmed diagnosis. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you