Ultrasound showed heterogeneous myometrium with 2 cystic lesion. What does this mean?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hi Dr,
I have just had an ultrasound and it states heterogeneous myometrium with 2 cystic lesions - some heterogeneity in the region of the cervix with a ? and complicated Nabothian cyst- I have an appointment next week with a gynaecologist but do not understand what all this means?? Periods have been abnormal- infrequent and at times bad odour.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 3 hours later
I know medical terms are sometimes new and look so confusing for others!
By 2 cysts, do they mention only the Nabothian cysts or there is one more in ovary or other area?
Heterogenous endometrium means irregular wall of the inner side of uterus.
Nabothian cyst is a collection of mucus filled cyst in the inner side of cervix. Usually it comes and goes and is not considered XXXXXXX
If it is growing fast and becomes big, the doctor may do biopsy.
The foul smell may be because of infection.
Considering your age and the irregular periods, you have a comprehensive gynec examination as you have planned already and see.
All the best
Dr Uma