Ultrasound showed grade 1 fatty liver, blood test showed high TLC and HB level. Worrisome

Sep 2012

my husband done complete hemogram test the result of that test is HB is 17.50 and TLC 22.50 ESR is 15 and all other test like bullurubbin, free T4, TSH, Urine test, critnine level are normal and in ultrasound report the grade -I fatty liver size 14.4 shows but he is not fatty. I am worried why his TLC is too high and HB is also high what will I do further
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the hemoglobin is absolutely normal. Mild higher level is not at all indicative of any particular disease condition.

Now, tlc. It is really very high. But you have to give the differential count. Except that, no one can give any idea about what is going on.

Now, fatty liver. It is the most common incidental finding in routine ultrasound scan. So, do not worry. When other parameters are within normal limit, this fatty liver is not a problem. But it occurs due to alcohol iintake and idiopathic reason.

So, he has to avoid alcohol. Regular check up should be done to look for any developing abnormality. A liver protecting drug like sorbilin should be considered. Consult with your treating doctor about that.

So, do not worry about these. But, write back the differential count of wbc as a follow up question. I shall tell you what to do.