Ultrasound showed gallbladder is twice the normal size. Vomiting, nausea and pain in lower right back. Reason?

I am a 69 year old female, was hospitalized mid September with intenstional bacterial infection. At that time they did ultrasound and found my gallbladder to be twice the normal size. I am still not feeling well, vomiting, after eating and drinking fluids, nausea almost constently, very tired and pain in lower right back. Could this be symptoms of gallbladder??
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Symptoms of gall bladder obstruction Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The symptoms you are describing suggests gall bladder obstruction due to gall stones. Symptoms have come by because the normal flow of bile from the gall bladder into the intestine is obstructed because of the gall stones I suggest you see a surgeon immediately and get a repeat Ultrsound abdomen done, I would also like you to get a liver function test and a complete blood count to check for affection to the liver and infection respectively In the mean time I suggest the following 1. Avoid eating food XXXXXXX in fat 2. Avoid milk and milk products 3. Ondansetron mouth dissolving tablets taken half an hour before meal will help you with the vomiting and nausea. 4. Watch your urine and eyes for yellowish discolouration and also look out for constant itching of the skin. These are some of the symptoms of gall bladder obstruction affecting the liver I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards