Ultrasound showed endometrail fluid postmenopausal, bleeding, pelvic cramping and little discharge. Does this indicate cancer?

Hello Dr. Grief, my guestion is, the ultrasound indicated endometrail fluid postmenopausal , bleeding , pelvic cramping, little discharge and 6mm my doctor schedule a d and c. I'm concerned that the results will be cancerous. Please put my fears to rest. Thank you, concern and waiting
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: facing problems is the best solution, fear dosen't Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this disturbing symptoms and findings related to your uterus. No woman in her right senses would pretend not to be disturbed by these findings. I understand your fears and worries and they are totally real. We can only solve a problem that we know. I am happy that you have at least reported these symptoms pretty early and your doctors are working with you on identifying what the possible cause is. Cancer is the worse possible diagnosis that can be reached at here but, the good news is cancer is treatable and fully in its early stages. From the findings you have reported, even if this were to end up being a cancer, the chances that this has moved beyond the uterus are very very unlikely.This means it we would be able to offer a one time permanent treatment with minimal discomfort through total hysterectomy. Beside being a cancerous lesion, it can be caused by several other easily treatable causes like infections, benign endometrial hypertrophy, etc. So I will ask you not to freak out just yet while the doctors investigate and manage this condition. One thing is certain, you will never walk alone. No matter the outcome/find diagnosis, we shall work with you to provide the best possible treatment and manage your condition fully. I hope you find this helpful. I hope it calms your fears. Though cancer is a possibility that must be ruled out, there are many other possible causes. also, cancer confined within the uterus is easily treatable. So why get too worried so so much at this point? Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of possible diagnosis and a successful treatment. Dr. Ditah, MD