Ultrasound showed cystic structure within the endometrium, cyst in ovary. Chances of getting pregnant?

Question
Uterus: Uterus is anteverted, normal in size and echotexture.

Endometrial thickness measures 13.5 mm.

A 2.9 mm cystic structure is noted eccentrically within the endometrium.

RT Ovary: Mildly bulky and normal in echotexture. It measures - 2.7 * 2.2 * 4.6 cm

V = 14.72cc

A 2 * 1.7 cm thick walled, irregular cyst with XXXXXXX echoes within is noted.

LT OVARY: Normal in size and echotexture. It measures - 2.7 * 1.3 * 2.5 cm

V = 4.8 cc

Free fluid is noted in pelvis with XXXXXXX echoes within.

IMPRESSION:

* Eccentrically noted cystic structure within the endometrium with thick walled cyst in the right ovary.

In view of positive UPT, findins most probably suggestive of gestational sac with corpus luteal cyst.

* Free fluid with XXXXXXX echoes in pelvis.

ADVICE - Follow up USG in 2 weeks.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
This report is inconclusive.If the urine test is positive then it there is always a chance of pregnancy.It depends when your last period occurred.If its between 4-6 weeks you will not get a conclusive usg report yet.You will have to follow up after 2 weeks as suggested. A proper gestational sac should be present by 6 weeks.

Follow-up: Ultrasound showed cystic structure within the endometrium, cyst in ovary. Chances of getting pregnant? 11 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for the details.

I have few more questions mentioned below:

1. What does "A 2.9 mm cystic structure is noted eccentrically within the endometrium" means?

2. RT Ovary: Mildly bulky and normal in echotexture. It measures - 2.7 * 2.2 * 4.6 cm

V = 14.72cc

------ If this means that there is a cyst in right overy then what is the impact this?

------ I am facing stomach ache and some time it increases more that I cant sleep also (Sometime it comes suddenly), is this because of the cyst?

------ If pregnancy is possitive then will this cyst have any impact?

3. What does "Free fluid is noted in pelvis with XXXXXXX echoes within" mean?
And what is the impact of this?

Last period was 5 weeks back.

In this situation can we follow normal sex life?

It would be great if you can please give your advice for these.

Also I would request you to please advice if I should be taking any remediation for this.

Thanks again for your all help.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
Thanks for referring back.
First, due to the fact that the put is positive, there is always a chance of pregnancy.I however, think that the urine test should be repeated at 6 weeks again.
A cystic structure in the endometrium should indicate a gestational sac but as i have mentioned earlier,its possible not to see the sac properly before 6 weeks.
There is also a cyst on the ovary but may or may not be due to pregnancy changes.Either ways, that cyst should not be a problem.
A minimal amount of free fluid is normally present in the pouch of douglas(pelvis).
In such cases,ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out first. Since no such thing has been reported in the ultrasound,you need to wait for some time and repeat the ultrasound.A gestational sac should be seen by 6 weeks at least and fetal cardiac movement should be seen by then.You need to repeat the ultrasound in 2 weeks.
There is no contraindication to sexual intercourse,but pregnancy loss in the first 3 months are common.