Ultrasound showed cyst in ovary and cyst on liver. Are they related?

hi i received my result on my ultra sound that i have 2 cm on diameter on my liver i worry so much and i have cyst ovarian right and left . i bother so much on flatulence every time i put in my my mouth there is flatulence in what procedure they going to do about my cyst on liver and ovary and how about my flatulence when it gonna be gone my flatulence

Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The cyst in the liver is mostly benign and usually does not affect the liver functions. The cyst in the ovaries are not likely to be related to the cyst in the liver. You need to get a follow up scan done after 20 weeks to detect any change in the size of the liver cyst.
The problem of flatulence can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes. Take the following steps to help manage your symptoms:
1. Increase the amount of fluid you drink, especially water. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcoholic beverages.
2. Avoid foods that cause gas, such as beans, broccoli, cabbage, and XXXXXXX The amount of gas that different foods cause varies from person to person.
3. Avoid swallowing air. Swallowing air may increase your symptoms.
4. Eat slowly. Avoid gulping food or beverages. When you rush through meals or eat on the run, you are more likely to swallow air.
5. Chew your food thoroughly before you swallow.
6. Avoid drinking through a straw.
7. Avoid chewing gum or eating hard candy.
8. Do not smoke or use other tobacco products.
9. Keep calm. Tension and anxiety can cause you to swallow air.

Some foods to be avoided include certain fermentable short-chained carbohydrates that are degradable by intestinal bacteria yielding large amount of gases, like hydrogen or carbon dioxide, thus causing belching and bloating. Such food include
1. White bread, pasta, pastries, cookies, onions, and asparagus, leeks, garlic, chicory roots and chicory based coffee substitutes.
2. Legumes (soy, beans, chickpeas, lentils), cabbage and brussel sprouts.
3. Honey, dried fruits like prunes, figs, dates, or raisins, apples, pears, sweet cherries, peaches, agave syrup, watermelon, papaya.
The treatment in severe cases, where belching is lasting more than 2 days would be with prescription medications (Haloperidol, Reglan, chlor ) which can be provided by your primary care provider.

In the mean time, Use of OTC medications mentioned below can be used to have some relief.
1. Activated charcoal (Charcocaps) , will absorb the excess gas produced.
2. Antacids, such as Di-Gel, Maalox Anti-Gas, and Mylanta Gas, allow gas to be belched away more easily.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Ultrasound showed cyst in ovary and cyst on liver. Are they related? 22 hours later
thanks a lots for amazing answer it would be great help to my problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again through my profile URL
If you have no more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards