Ultrasound showed coarse parenchymal echotexture liver, CT scan showed metastasis. Any suggestion?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Ultra sono impression says: "parenchymal, coarse echotexture in liver, no focul sol or classification is seen. IHBR are not dialetted". Another impression "right side pleural effusion ct of abdomen is suggested to exclude metastasea". What can you suggest please......
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 26 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

You have history of Ca Stomach.
The ultrasound scan says there is nothing that suggests that the cancer has spread to liver. The report also says that there is fluid collection around the right lung.

A CT scan of the abdomen may be done for further evaluation.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Ultrasound showed coarse parenchymal echotexture liver, CT scan showed metastasis. Any suggestion? 25 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor. In addition to doing CT, what should be the treatment? Is it a case of liver hepatitis, or chirosis or metastasea cancer or anything else?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
The treatment varies.
If it is hepatitis, the cause should be found first. it could be viral, toxin, alcohol etc.
If it is cirrhosis, then the treatment depends on whether it is compensated or decomspensated and also on the cause.
If it is metastasis, then the primary should be located first.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini