Ultrasound scan showed kidneys are grey in color. Should I seek immediate help?
User rating for this question
Hi, Doctor.My name is Lynne. I had an ultrasound exam this week that showed my kidneys to be grey in color. I have an appt next Monday. Should I seek immediate help?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: One can not see colour of the kidney on scanning. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have I shall be happy if you can post me few more details and report of your ultrasound scanning to help me in making comments on your problem . 1) What your symptoms you got your ultrasound scanning got done for? 2) Do you have any urinary symptoms ? 3) Have you done routine Urine test.? if so what are the results ? Ideally speaking one can not see colour of the kidney on ultrasound scanning .Ultrasound scanning reveals details about echogenicity of cortex,presence of stones in the kidney,any obstruction to pelvi calyceal system of the kidney etc and cortico modularly differentiation. I shall be able to make comments on your query on getting feedback from you. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- My sons nose bridge is flat
- Cmc vellor ent departmaent
- What do ultrasound scans show
- Cmc vellore dept of reproductive
- Dialysis for hiv in cmc
- Dietary in cmc vellore
- Ultrasound showing kidney cyst is it cancer
- Ultrasound scan shows shadow in abdomen
- Muscle tension bridge of nose
- Ultrasound scan showed bulky ovaries
- Purple line on bridge of nose
- Swollen gum at bridge
- Ultrasound showed fatty deposit in kidney
- Cmc vellore spinal disorder department
- Is myocardial bridging hereditary