Ultrasound scan report showing enlarged prostrate. What does it mean?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
today i took ultra sound fsacn..the report says..Prostrate enlarged 38cms..what does it mean or indicat
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 37 minutes later
As far as the report is concerned, the size should be around 38 mm, not in cm. Secondly, only an enlarged prostate on sonography is not an indication of treatment
As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I request you to answer the following questions:
a.     What are the other dimensions that have been mentioned in the ultrasonography report?
b.     What are your symptoms?
c.     Why did you go for the scan?
d.     What is the post void residue in sonography report?
Please upload the sonography report using the “Upload your reports” section on the right.
I’ll be able to give you a better answer once we hear from you.