Ultrasound of pelvic area done. Should i be concerned with the results of reappearing endometrial ablation?

I recently had an ultrasound done of pelvic area which provided results of od 2 intramural fibroids measuring 18 mm for the largest one and also "few normal follicles bilaterally less than 10 mm. I am 43 5 ft 8 inches, 160 pounds, with tubiligation so having children is not a goal of mine, should i be concerned with the results considering i had an endometrial ablation 10 years ago that appears to be needed again?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Intramural fibroids are located in the muscular layer [middle layer] of uterus.

Fibroids are left untouched if you do not experience any symptoms like severe abdominal pain/ heavy bleeding and anemia/ infertility/pain during intercourse/urination problems.

However, if you are experiencing such bothersome symptoms then only fibroid needs to be treated.

Endometrial ablation will not work for large intramural fibroids.
As your goal is not to conceive, treatment options for you are-

1] Myomectomy: mostly abdominal as fibroids are large. Still your treating gynecologist will decide which better abdominal or laparoscopic surgery is.

2] Endometrial ablation: This procedure cuts off the blood supply to fibroid and its size decreases.

Let me explain you again; as you do not want to conceive again; in your case fibroid needs treatment it you are experiencing bothersome signs and symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.