Ultrasound of gall bladder showed polyps. Have pain above belly button, red and itchy

Jan 2013

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I recently had a ultra sound of my gallbladder they found 2 small poloyps I have been having gallbladder symptoms now I starting having pain above my bellybutton that went away and now it's red itchy burning slight pain when when I bend could this be connected with gallbladder issues
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Polyps in gall bladder may due to lipid disorders or inflammation and they are not cancer.
Are these polyps are pedunculated or sessile?
What was the size of polyp?
Do you have gastric problem/ acidic belching/ gastric heaviness?
Generally polyps in gall bladder are asymptomatic.
Polyp in gall bladder may cause pain in epigastric region and right upper quadrant of abdomen but never cause itchy red lesion.
Your pain may be due to gastric problem or polyps.
Polyp <10 mm in size have lesser chances of maliganacy and you are safe.
Polyp >10 mm have more chances of malignancy any you should go repeat ultrasound imaging or endoscopic ultrasound (EUS is best for GB polyp) every 6-12 months.
If polyp size >18 mm, then you should go for cholecystectomy.
You should also consult with physician.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava