Ultrasound of Upper Abdomen showing no calculus. Small polys seen. What does the report indicate?

Hello Sir
My USG of Upper Abdomen yesterday reads

Gall Bladder: I seen normally distended with normal contour and wall thickness.No calculus is seen.Small Polys(at least) seen. Largest one 13mm approx

what does this mean?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
polyp size is significant.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Polyp is abnormal growth of mucus membrane arising from wall of structure. It can arise in any hollow organ like stomach, colon or gall bladder etc. It's significant is depends on size and symptoms.
In your case largest polyp is 13 mm. Gall bladder polyp more than 10 mm is significant. Rest of the gall bladder is completely normal.
You need to contact your surgeon for detailed clinical examination. You may need to do few laboratory investigations like liver enzyme tests. Depending on all reports and clinical findings further management can be decided. In asymptomatic case regular follow up with ultrasound is necessary every 6 months.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.