Ultrasound during pregnancy showed anterior placenta with lower margin away from internal OS. Is this something alarming?

Hi, My age is 35 and during my 13 weeks 2 days ultra sound report it is mentioned that placenta is anterior with lower margin 15mm away from XXXXXXX OS, grade 0. Is this something alarming and what are the precaution?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 56 minutes later

Thanks for writing in,

As this is 13 weeks pregnancy only, with the advancing pregnancy and with the growth and stretching of uterus the placenta will be pushed upwards to the tops.

In early months of pregnancy position of placenta in this situation is not uncommon.

So do not worry and follow up with your obstetrician. He/she will monitor the progress of placenta and take appropriate action whenever deemed necessary.

Meanwhile avoid sex and take rest.

Hope I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.