Ultrasound done. Suggested susten 200. Is it safe to take?

Mar 2016

today was my first ultrasound according to my last period my baby should be around 7 weeks but its around 5 weeks 5 days in ultasound so doc has suggetsed susten 200 for 14 days is it safe to take
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I am trying to solve your problem.

Yes, it is quite normal thing and safe to carry the pregnancy.

Ultrasound scan gives gross & detailed view on the basis of fetal maturity at the time of scan. But it is also known that development of fetus may be advance or lagging as in this case. Therefore fetal maturity may not always correspond with actual gestational age as calculated from original last menstrual period (LMP).

In that respect, if the gestational age by ultrasound is within one week of the mother's LMP date, then we think it is within normal limit. Sometimes maturity of fetus can be lagging behind the period of gestation in case of early week (developing embryo) or late scan (small for date).

Therefore, I suggest to repeat scan after 4 weeks for better response on feto placental profile (FPP) through ultrasound scan.

Follow some basic things for healthy pregnancy:

1) Take Healthy protein XXXXXXX diet with extra 350 Kcal/day than usual and eat leafy vegetables & fresh fruits.
2) Drink lots of fluid/water to stay hydrated & for better feto-placental circulation.
3) Continue prescribed medication with folic acid & vitamin supplements.
4) Take an adequate bed rest and preferably 8-10 hrs daily in divided schedule.
5) Try to avoid stress/tension/emotional upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing.
6) Main personal hygiene including breast & genital care with proper washing.
7) Take Iron/calcium supplements from 16 weeks onwards, Two doses of TT in the 2nd trimester and complete all necessary investigations.
8) Periodic measurement of Weight gain and BP. 10-12 kg weight gain is normal in pregnancy period.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you for good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Ultrasound done. Suggested susten 200. Is it safe to take? 12 hours later
thanks doctor that means its safe to take susten 200
Answered by Dr. S Patra 16 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query.

Susten contains micronized progesterone and it helps to support the pregnancy & prevent miscarriage in early weeks. So it is safe to take preferably in 1st trimester.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Take care yourself.

Dr Soumen