Ultrasonogram of pelvis showed intrauterine pregnancy with single foetus. Given injection. Is the baby healthy?

Dear sir,

My wife pregnancy details. We had scan ULTRA SONO GRAM OF PELVIS. In that report they mentioned following details.

1. Uterus is enlarged and shows a gestational sac measuring 32 x 20 mm
2. Foetal pole seen.
3. C.R.L Measure 4.9 mm corresponding 6weeks 1 day.
4. Foetal cardic pulsations are seen Heart Rate - 129 per minute.
5. Yolk sca measures : 3.1 mm
6. Area of subchoronic clot : 23 x 14 mm

Impression :

1. Intrauterine pregnancy with single foetus.
2. Suggest rescan after 10 days to conform foetal well being.

We just went to doctor with the above report. They put injection . But i dont know why are giving injection. So please suggest me whether baby is healthy or not. Now adays my wife is vomitting frequently & she is having more head ache. So please suggest me , whether the baby is healthy or not.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 33 minutes later

Fetal pole, gestational sac, heart beat rate, CRL length are within normal range.

Only thing to worry is 'Subchorionic clot' which contribute to high risk pregnancy.
Subchorionic Hematoma is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. When such kind of bleeding occurs there are possibility of three things.
1] Either clot will resolve on its own, with no risk to pregnancy.
2] Clot will will continue to get larger, restricting blood flow to baby and chances of miscarriage will increase.
3] The clot will remain the same and as you move into the second trimester, the growing baby and demand on the placenta will not enable you to carry full term and you will be at risk for very premature delivery or placental abruption.

So there is need for monitoring of clot progress and fetal well being.
But injection , I am not sure of which is been given. You can ask the same to your physician. Usually progesterone therapy is given to deal with same.

Vomiting and headache of your wife can be the part of morning sickness, no need to worry.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.