Ultra sound showed enlarged kidneys. Have lower back pain and diarrhoea. Underlying cause?

Jul 2016

I had a abdominal ultra sound done and it shows enlarged kidneys, I also have lower back pain with dirreah. What could be causing enlarged kidneys?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recently done your ultrasound scanning of the abdomen which revealed Enlarged kidneys.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to make comments on your query.
1) Do you have other urinary symptoms apart from low back pain.?
2 Do you have fever very recently ?l
Please post your ultrasound report in that i will be able to diagnose the cause of your problem

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions and information which I have asked for. I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Ultra sound showed enlarged kidneys. Have lower back pain and diarrhoea. Underlying cause? 3 hours later

No fever, lower back pain yes, nothing else other then belly pain. I do not have access to my ultra sound report only my family dr has that.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for feedback.
The findings of the ultrasound like whether there is hydronephrosis or not is very very important to rule out presence of stones in the kidney and ureter.
Please try to access the report with consultation of your family Dr.
It is difficult to comment on enlargement of kidney without detail USG report.
Thanks and Regards.