Ulcer at the back of throat, tonsil swelling causing consistent sore throat. Blood tests normal. What could this be?

ENT Specialist
hi i have ulsers at the back of my throat and when feeling with my tongue can feel lumpy bits higher up on both sides and my right tonsil is a bit swollen to,have had a soreish throat for about 3 months but the ulsers just came about 2 weeks ago!ive had blood tests which came back ok,can you
tell me what this could be?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 5 hours later
You have enlarged tonsils and now have developed ulcers over tongue.
First of all just to make you understand--the tonsils enlarge because of some infection, and when the infection process goes on for long then, the immunity of body falls and so the ulcers develop and do not heal.
You need to treat --
1. Infection in tonsils --which can be done by taking proper antibiotics after consulting your ENT specialist.
2. Promote healing of tongue ulcers --- By taking multivitamins and gargle with ---I will prescribe you a gargle--but you will have to make it on your own---- This is otherwise known as Miles mixture---
liq. Xylocaine 1 bottle+Tab. Betnesol forte 4 tablets+ Clotrin mouth paint 5 ml
Mix all three and shake it and use it for gargle, 2 tea spoon full three times a day, but do spit it, DONOT swallow it. Gargle half an hour before meals.
It will make your mouth a bit numb for some time so there will be less pain and help healing faster. This is a gargle so will not harm and take it for 7 days only.

3. You have to prevent from acidity or heart burn and constipation,
Some preventive measures---
•     Keep head end of bed elevated.
•     Avoid alcohol, Smoking
•     Do brisk walking daily
•     Go for walk after dinner
•     Avoid spicy food     
•     Avoid late night coffee
•     Eat vegetables.

Get well soon.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"