USG shows cortical kidney cyst. Done blood test. Does cyst require operation? Curable using medicine?

My mother's age is 59 and recently she is got her USG report states that Right kidney shows a cortical cyst in upper pole(35mm). Impressions of the report -1.Small right renal cortical cyst and 2. Slightly contracted gall bladder.
She also tested her blood samples HAEMOGLOBIN 11.8Gm% (11.5-16.5 Gm%)
Total Leucocyte count - 6200 /cu/mm (4000- 0000/Cu/mm)
I am just worried about the cyst does it required to get operated or it can reduced through medicines. Please suggest.
She don't have any symptoms have back but it was there in my mother for quite a long time.
She is taking Rablet DSR tablet once in morning.
Please help.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 4 hours later
Simple Cortical cysts are normal part of ageing. They start appearing in the 3rd to 4th decade. Their number increases with age.
No treatment either surgical or medical is required for simple cortical cysts.