URQ pain, headache and low-grade fever. Took ibuprofen. Now have essential tremor. Serious?

URQ pain, headache and low-grade fever. Fever almost vanishes after ibuprofen I am a 63-year-old female in fairly good health. Broke my ankle Feb. 2010. Had surgery and other than the ankle being larger and stiffer, it is in good shape. Nothing else to report, except an Essential Tremor.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 58 minutes later

Thanks for posting in the query.

I would like to ask you a few questions to understand your problem better.

1. How long since you have been having this right upper quadrant abdominal pain with fever? Could you describe the pain? and when is it maximal? Are you having associated diarrhea, vomiting?
2. Does your skin appear yellow or jaundiced?
3. Have you been on any long term medications?
4. Have you had history of blood transfusion, travel to tropical regions?
5. Have you had similar complaints in the past?

The origin of your pain could be liver/gall bladder/upper GI most probably due to any acute/chronic infection or inflammation or any stone.

My suggestion would be for you to undergo an ultrasound out the abdomen to ascertain the origin of the pain.

Hope I have answered your query.

Kindly revert with the answers so that I could help you well.

Dr Gowri

Follow-up: URQ pain, headache and low-grade fever. Took ibuprofen. Now have essential tremor. Serious? 3 hours later
Answers to questions:

Have had the pain since Monday night. I woke up with a fever early Monday morning. No vomiting or diarrhea. The pain is dull and I don't feel it when I don't move. The area right under my 11th and 12th rib is tender to touch.

No jaundice and no meds.

I haven't traveled or had a blood transfusion. I have never had this in the past. I did noticed a slight pink stain on my underwear.
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 5 hours later

Thank you for your answers.

Your answers point to either a problem in the ribs like an inflammation or in the kidney like stone with mild infection or in the colon.

I would suggest you not to ignore these symptoms. Kindly get an ultrasound and get reviewed by your Primary Care Physician.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.