Tysabri infusion done. Getting nausea, constant headache and swelling at the bottom of skull. Remedy?

I've had one infusion of tysabri a month ago for ms. Have constant headaches. Noticed swollen area at bottom left of my skull a few hours ago. Very tender to touch. Also pretty nauseated.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
If the headache has started or worsened after starting Tysabri then you need to be evaluated for possible side effects of it. Tysabri brings down the immune response of the body against various infections and in that situation person is more vulnerable to infections. The swelling at the skull may be one of those infections. Another problem can be allergic response to tysabri, but that is very unlikely to be after a gap of many days.
Also it is possible that it is a completely independent thing and nothing to do with multiple sclerosis or tysabri. You need to get in touch with your physician and after examining the swelling he will decide further treatment.
Hope that answers your query. If you have more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.