Type 2 diabetic and prescribed with metformin. How to maintain normal A1C level?

Hello, I am a type 2 diabetic and my last checkup with my doctor, my A1C was 7.3 and in May, it was the same thing however; when I was checked in October, it was 6.6 what shall I do to keep my A1C below 7? I am currently a contractor and I have to maintain an A1c reading under 7 and my next physical with the company is in December/January. My Dr. up my dosage of Metformin to 1000 mg.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking in to your problem You are being prescribed right drug and yes the dose needs to be adjusted according to the sugar levels . You dont have to worry about metformin dose increase as this drug will not lead to hypoglycemia and alos leads to fast control of blood sugars .. So, in my opinion you should follow your treating doctors advise . Take care . Dr. Shruti