Type 2 diabetic. Started feeling cold and shivering. How to cure this problem?

i had a type 11 diabetes checkup this am . even before i arrived at his office, i was cold and shivering. when i went in for my vital signs, i was shaking so bad that they could not get a blood pressure reading finally when i warmed up some, things got better. the doctor was somewhat concerned, but nothing else was said. i relayed this info to my wife, she encountered the same symptons at her place of employment could it be something we ate last evening . both only ate a grilled cheese sandwich and a very small piece on homemade rum cake. email address is YYYY@YYYY Thank you sir
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 34 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology and I read your mail with diligence.
Before coming to what it could let us see what it can not be.
It can not be infected food for both are baked products and none you husband and wife displayed any signs of infection. Food allergy to rum cake can be excluded as it would have manifested last night rather than today. So, we will count anything to do with your dinner. Now today's Panama City's temperature is around 46 degrees F, that is about 20 degrees less than room temperature you would have maintained in your house or you have in your office. If I suggest, shaking akin to shivering on exposure to slightly cooler outside temperature and recovery when you settled in warm surrounding is the cause how would you react to it. Furthermore, nothing serious than a mild viral episode I can think of. I assure you, this has nothing to do with your being diabetic (I assume your wife is not a diabetic) or anything serious. Watch as the day progresses you will better and finally back to your normal self. If you doubt my assumption, please write back.
I hope that answers your question. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW