Type 2 diabetic. Started bleeding after period. What is going on?

i am 52yrs old with regular cycle i have my periods two weeks ago and again to day i have stated to bleed again, whats going on also i am a type 2 diabetic and the glucose is hitting the roof i am fighting a viral infection foor a week. i am on tablets for the type 2.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 48 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

I can understand your concern. As you are Diabetic and Hypertensive and having high blood sugar level, which may be partially due to infection which you are having for last 1 week.

Irregular period which you are getting maybe due to perimenopausal age (Change of Life) and imbalance of hormones which causes irregular bleeding. Do you have any other symptoms like hot flashes or mood swings?

I presume your blood pressure is in desirable range with treatment you are taking.

What is your blood sugar level? The anti diabetic treatment you are taking may require dose adjustment.

You can consult your local Gynecologist and do an abdominal ultrasound examination to see if there is any cause like fibroid or other conditions of uterus. If bleeding is continuous, you may require treatment for it.

Hope this information helps and if you have any further query please feel free to ask, I will be happy to help.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.